Friday, June 3, 2011

Love is the Most Powerful Force

center of tulip


I want to take some time here to say Thank You for life, for love, for friendship and for being with all the wonderful people in my life.  In this final blog I have come to say goodbye.


Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my Soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my Soul to take.
If I should live for other days, 
I pray the Lord to guide my ways.


May the Force Be With You.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note from Amy, Tanza's sister:

On Thursday, June 2nd, just after 2:00pm pacific time Tanza Lorraine, aka Lori Smith left her body here on earth and flew free - on to her next adventure.  Always the dancer and the artist, she was beautiful to the end.  She left with a smile on her face, and love in her heart.  

Tanza wrote this post a couple of weeks before her death, and asked me to post it here when it was time.  She said that if there is anything she would leave you with it is this:  

That love is the most powerful force, and it is the reason that we are here. 
Love each other, Love this earth, Love Life. 

~ many blessings ~



9 comments:

krista said...

Goodbye dear Tanza! We love you. We miss you.

Marnie said...

Tanza , Always in our thoughts forever in our hearts.
Purity, kindness, generous of heart, the most beautifull lady I and my family have had the pleasure of knowing. Peace and love to our special and amazing friend.

Kate Smith said...

Thank you, Tanza, for all the hard work you put toward your art. It inspired many, and I'll bet many girls, who saw it was possible to be an awesome juggler, street performer and skilled circus artist. Thanks for believing in and giving to the arts, and leaving us with the final strokes in the strokes of a paint brush in the form of a forever lasting momentum...of you. You won't be forgotten.

Mercia said...

Sending you light and love Tanza. May you be surrounded, by color, by dance, by love . . .

Anonymous said...

With all of my love.....from my heart to yours. You are free...and you are soaring once again. Your free spirit is alive....bravo!!!!!

Lucy and Dave said...

Lucy and Dave said..

We will never forget you, we love you, God bless you...

Anonymous said...

My dear Mentor and Spiritual Guidence Councilor, dance teacher and Artistic Director, Your loving guidence changed my life. I am a better person and love my job and life because of you. Eternity is your peaceful loving place now. Free from pain and all that bad stuff. We miss you so much. Love you all the way up to the sky.
love, Suzy

Anonymous said...

She was one of the most emphathetic performers I've ever worked with. For five years we schlepped the halls at Miami Children's Hospital.

I actually talked about her recently as providing excellent support when your performance partner is floundering. I had entered a hospital room of a young boy who had been in a terrible accident. A large number of family members were gathered and obviously the feel of the room was heavy. Rather than improve the energy or take it in a different direction I began to sink into THEIR moment. Thank goodness Tanza, who had been finishing up in the last room, came in and realized that I was absolutely no help. She pulled out her flute, said something gentle to all of us and let me grab onto her wake. I was so grateful.

Partner On Dr. Moonbeam!

John Lynch

Jay Fox-D said...

I came across Tanza's blog by chance, when searching for my website. I too have a house in France, named Maison Hirondelle after the swallows we would watch from the terrace, while drinking a local rose. I too have become an artist later in life.
Reading Tanza's blog, I feel she is someone I would have loved to have known, a kindred spirit.
I pray that her beautiful spirit now soars like the swallows, and that her family and friends find solace in beautiful memories. God bless Tanza and god bless you all.