Saturday, February 12, 2011

CHANGES/ CHOICES

The Garden

After over three months in this apartment, I will be moving across country to Olympia Washington in the Pacific Northwest accompanied by my sister, where I will be close to other family members who have offered their loving care.
Change like this can be frightening, moving away from familiar places and dear friends. I have been guided through this journey, carried by so many loving people and the spirit of giving. This new choice to move is also a gift offered to me by my family, however shaky it feels.



The mind thinks  
That any change 
Is painful.  
The heart feels 
That any change 
Is powerful.
Sri Chinmoy

How do I say thank you to all the people surrounding me who care so deeply to be able and willing to carry my weight at times when I have fallen. Thank you from the depth of my heart!

I have stopped treatments for now to gain weight and strength for the move. We have scheduled an appointment with an oncologist after we arrive for the first of March.

I have slowly been giving away stuff, lightening my load little by little, observing many years of photos, journals, and work history, carrying me to the present moment,  packing art supplies, computer and clothes. (It will be quite a climate change!)


Well as some of you know, February brings my favorite holiday, Valentine's Day, the celebration of Amore... Love pure and simple.


I wish you all Love,with a capital ' L'. Celebrate life! It is so easy to rest in our problems and anxieties, believe me I know! 
 I have seen a kind and gentle psychologist who reminded me of my meditation practice... and as difficult as I am finding  it in my self absorption, I have begun quiet sitting. He also reminded me of how fortunate I am to have you all supporting me. All through various means; food such as fresh soups and 'magic mandelbread', for shopping for me, and for all the long distance communication, in essence for encouraging and uplifting my spirit..
I also met with my dear friends at White Crane Healing Arts for acupuncture, knowledge, the practice of  breathing, and lots of healing energy.

I am and will be with you all in spirit
Blessings, Love and Light
Tanza


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!