Tuesday, July 27, 2010

River of Tears and a Veil of Light


After a diagnostic test, a day in the hospital, I have news that the tumor has spread to the bladder and is now stage IV.
I have been in quite a lot of pain due to the kidneys and am getting weaker. Each moment and each silly little thing in my life suddenly shines out; a teapot, a piece of clothing, how the light dances on the water and reflects in the leaves of the trees like so many fairies. How precious is the human life and how sweet its foibles.
Last night when I returned to my lovely home, I cried a river of tears. I cried for myself, for the unbearable pain, I cried for the knowledge that this body is breaking down, for my attachment to Mother Earth, for the sadness I am causing, for not understanding this disease and I am trying to embrace all the tears as deep love.
Like so many times when one is without hope and in the darkness, a light shines dimly through the fog of despair. A wonderful lady, an angel offered financial help. I am now in a clinic in Denmark called Humlegaarden ( http://www.humlegaarden.com/)
where I am receiving daily care and treatments. It is a five minute walk from the Baltic sea where the water is clear, small summer cottages line the road and sailboats grace the horizon.
More on this wonderful place in the next post.
Love to all and thank you for your prayers and loving energy!
Tanza

2 comments:

silver fortress said...

Love surrounds you, Tanza.

Anonymous said...

Tanza....

You are so brave....you battle this cancer with such grace and dignity. What a gift from god to experience such beautiful places and not our sterile and cold hospitals. You have nature around you...and all of it's beauty is reflected within you. I wish you were not in pain....for its the hardest part of the voyage. I pray that your senses are exaggerated as to bypass the hurt within. You are an angel my dear....you always have been.

I love you. I am holding you tight within my heart and soul. I am sending you only peace and kindness..... You are in inspiration. You are the light. You are You.

From my heart to yours,